Subject: Re: Turning off ptsc SCSI driver
To: John Wright <esvwh@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/22/1997 12:08:09
hi,

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, John Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know somebody suggested that an option should be put in the
> bootloader but has anybody actually done this yet.

I don't think so....

> It's just that I really want this option and now that I can't bung the
> SCSI card in another machine since I've moved to Uni with a smaller
> room (and consequently can't fit my A3000 in it aswell as the Risc PC)
> which means that I have to wait for BSD to turn off the SCSI podule
> when I kernel panic during startup.

The only method at present is to compile you're own kernel without the
scsi driver[s] in.  If you want I could send you one with only the
internal ide in...  (if you send me your configuration I could do a
custom kernel for you, provided you don't mind being a guinea pig for
some asm routines ;)

Note I if people have other special cases where they need a kernel I'll
send you a kernel, note I'd prefer if you could send me your version
of GENERIC as found in sys/arch/arm32/conf/  as setup with what you like,
you can find GENERIC on any netbsd mirror in NetBSD-current/src/

Note i'll only do these for people with a valid reason for needing a
custom kernel.

Please send these files to cg110-kernel@atlas.cs.york.ac.uk rather than my
normal adress.

Chris G