Subject: Something odd
To: port-arm32 Netbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wright <esvwh@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/19/1997 16:19:51

I'm very bothered by the boot sequence. I've noticed this happen twice.
It lists vidcaudio0 on mainbus ... then it just pauses (not crash).
Just today I noticed that the keyboard LEDs looked like they were being
turned on and off very quickly.

Once I'd got X running (the computer stopped sending to the keyboard
and carried on with booting) I dialled up demon. After a while, the modem
hung up (on it's own) so I cursed the phone company and set about dialing
up again.

It was having none of it. I used test mode in dip to talk to the modem and
then the RX and TX lights looked like there was a lot of data going around
but I'd only typed a few things.

So, I thought I'd best reboot. The boot up didn't pause and the modem
hasn't hung up just yet.

One thing that might be considered is that I used fastboot from a cold
computer.

Anybody know anything about this?

BFN, John
--