Subject: Re: ADSP 21xx assembler in source
To: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: J3B <j3bkjjm@xs4all.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/15/1997 16:56:19
On Mon 14 Apr, Peter Berg wrote:

> > Uhmmm...wouldn't it be possible to cross-compile with the
> > GNU assembler?
>
> I looked at this, but it seems to be very complex because the gas not uses
> runtime-read assembler tables. The mnemonic->opcode converter is hard coded
> and written in C. If someone could give me some help on how I can modify the
> gas, then I can do a try. Eventually the person which ported gas to RiscBSD ?
> Who did this ?
>
> > Any GCC code generators for that device  ?
>
> None ! I could nothing find on the net. It seems that the only assemblers
> written for the ADSP's are commercial DOS programs. No free available table
> assembler supports ADI chips !

Analog Devices has delivered my brother a GNU-based compiler with their
own back-end [assembler I reckon]. As long as it contains GNU code, it
should be legal to copy it. I have asked my brother to look into the legal matters
and if permissable, to make that one available ....

.... to be continued

--

 3
e-mail: j3bkjjm@xs4all.nl