Subject: Re: The Digital Network Appliance Reference Design
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/10/1997 01:36:46
At 07:04 PM 4/9/97 -0400, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>> Have any
>> 	changed made by dec been reimported back into the source
>> 	tree, or is it a stock arm32 port?
>
>As far as I know, most/all of the changes have not yet been sent back,
>but am not sure.  (Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.)
>
>I believe that DEC's intent is to eventually try and get all of the
>changes folded back into the NetBSD master sources, but I'm not sure.

It makes sense. It would be in DEC's best interest to give NetBSD the
source (since they are giving it out anyway), and then NetBSD people will
want to maintain them. I guess.

So how does this compare to DEC's "support" of Linux?
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/