Subject: UnixFS mounting problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Schrauwen <mrrob@knoware.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/08/1997 18:33:41
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following. I have installed RiscBSD on my
Quantum Bigfoot IDE drive 5, and I was pleased when the installation
went smoothly. I installed some sets, played around a little, and all
seemed fine, except that it would be so much more convenient if I were
to get UnixFS to mount wd1e with my /usr partition.

My drive wd1 has 4994 cylinders (16 heads, 63 sectors/track), of which
4060 are set aside for RiscOS and the remaining 934 for RiscBSD. I allocated
60 cylinders for / and /var, 50 for swap and the remaining 824 for /usr.

This seems to work OK under RiscBSD, but when I try to mount /usr under
UnixFS with  mountufs ADFS wd1e  or  *unixfs_mount 4026C  I get the error
message

5

Error reading file system

UnixFS_Mount'ing the root partition wd1a, however, works fine. What am
I doing wrong?

Regards,
Rob Schrauwen
mrrob@knoware.nl