Subject: xdm problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: KOPPKA DIRK *Highlander* <KOPP4501@uni-trier.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/26/1997 13:43:18
I managed to install RiscBSD 1.2 with several sets! So far so good! It
works quite stable unless I start the X-System.

First I can't get xdm to work properly. I get the login screen, but
login in is not possible. After a few seconds hard disk access I get
an error message, which reads something like this:

  data abort: 'permission error (page)' ....

I can't read the rest, because xdm reboots.

However, I can start X via startx, but having open two or three
applications I get an error message:

   warning: possible process deadlock due two shortage of L1 page
            tables

Sometimes the whole system hangs. Just for the record: I have 48+2 MB
RAM and a 1GB partition of a 2GB SCSI-harddisk (MCS Connect 32
Controller) allocated to RiscBSD.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

 Cheers

    Dirk