Subject: Re: X binaries and paths
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/13/1997 11:23:14
On Mar 13, 12:46am, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> Subject: X binaries and paths
> I've installed X reasonably successfully, but when I start fvwm, it can't
> find its resources. This is not surprising, as it is looking on
> /usr/lib/X11/... while X is installed on /usr/X11R6.1/lib/...

That sounds to me like a problem with the fvwm configuration file. I can't
quite remember where this goes but I guess it must be somewhere under
 /usr/X11R6.1/lib/ - I'll bet it has explicit paths to /usr/lib/X11 in it.

> A lot of basic programs such as xcalc, xedit &c. seem not to be in the
> base X distribution. Are they in xcontrib? If not, where?

Some are, some are separate sets and some you have to download the source from
an ftp site (I recommend sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk as you're connecting from an
academic site) and build yourself. It depends what you want.

Cheers

Rob