Subject: Re: Networking questions?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave J Thorn <dave@axa.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/12/1997 16:13:01
On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Mike Clark wrote:

> On Mon 10 Mar, Dave J Thorn wrote:

[ Loadsa snipping ]

> Thanks to those who answered my original question. In case anyone is having
> similar problems I found that the latest kernel dated 11th March 1997 from
> the autobuild directory sorted out the etherh problem. It correctly identified
> the etherh card and allowed me to configure networking. I can now ftp from
> my A3000 onto the RiscBSD partition OK.

Ummm the 11th March kernel seems to have slipped off somewhere so I tried
the 12/3 one. This boots fine, but once again I get 'Podule 8 : not
configured' ... although a couple of lines up it is identified correctly.

So it appears I am on 4740 for a bit longer.

	Thanks,

		Dave Thorn.

PS I have sendmail in my rc.local script (I think - the recommended place
to put it) and when the machine can't find it's network, the whole
shebang stops there unless I do a ctrl-C to stop sendmail running. The
message is something like : Can't resolve my qualified host name,
sleeping for retry
It's not really important but is slightly annoying.

--
I am not a resource - I am a free user