Subject: Installation problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Vincent Lefevre <Vincent.Lefevre@ens-lyon.fr>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/10/1997 00:16:06
I post this for someone who doesn't have an Internet access. He told me
the installation problems *by phone*, so there may be slight errors in
the following (but I hope there aren't).

He's got a Risc PC with an ARM 710 and 12 MB DRAM, and RiscBSD from the
Risc Disc 3. He tried the following kernels: Voyager 4740 and 4956.

He formatted a floppy and copied inst12/fs (step 5). Then he performed
step 6 (in particular, he selected /dev/rd0a (root) and /dev/wd0b (swap)
and he verified that the ramdisc size was 1440K). But he got errors
during the boot:

With Voy-4956:
[...]
Panic: no root device specified in boot config.

With Voy-4740:
[...]
rd0: allocated 1440

Thanks in advance for any help,