Subject: Causality Limited FAQ
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/27/1997 12:19:06
                List of Frequently Asked Questions for RiscBSD Users
                       on the Formation of Causality Limited

In this document, 'we' refers to the working members of Causality
Limited.

Q: What is Causality Limited, and why has it appeared?
A: The worldwide demand for ARM systems, and software to run on them, is
   increasing at an incredible rate. We have observed a niche in the
   marketplace that we can fill, namely providing a cost-effective
   source of contractable ARM expertise.

Q: Who are we?
A: At the moment, Causality Limited's employees are:
      Robert Black
      Mark Brinicombe
      Neil Carson
      Scott Stevens
   These names will no doubt seem familiar to users of the RiscBSD
   distribution.

Q: Does this mean the end of RiscBSD?
A: Certainly not. The RiscBSD team (some of which now work for Causality
   Limited) will continue to work on the free distribution of RiscBSD in
   their spare time (though it may be a while before Mark has much of
   that!). In addition, some of the commercial work being done by
   Causality Limited will benefit the free distribution.

Q: If NetBSD/arm32 remains free, how can someone fund a company from it?
A: The situation can be likened to that of Cygnus and the GNU tools. The
   distribution will remain 'free,' what we are selling is our skills
   in working with ARM systems, including NetBSD/arm32. We do not expect
   NetBSD/arm32 to remain the core of our business in the long term,
   though we will continue to develop and support it.

Q: Does this mean that the pace of developments will slow down?