Subject: Re: no mouse working
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <KLE@SWE.GPPM.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/27/1997 10:27:25
Hi there,

yesterday I posted a mail in which I described my troubles
with the mouse under X-Windows . . . . .
Now I know why the mouse does not work.
In /dev/ there should be the files/links  mouse and
quadmouse. THEY AREN'T THERE !!
The mouse is correctly reported during booting
as quadmouse0 at address blabla.
What can I do ?
Do I have to install RiscBSD new ?

. . . . and the user kle who is always root but not really root ?!?

Yesterday I created a new user kle2 with an ID not the same
as root and a new home dir /home/kle2. Then all worked fine with kl2, first.
After several logins and logouts the same troubles occured as with
user kle. RiscBSD tells me when logging in as kle2 :" Don't login as root
use su"  and asks me which termial I would like. The joke is that I do
not have the rights as a 'real' root. For example I cannot start
X-Windows with the startx command. RiscBSD tells me that only root
wants to do this.  Isn't it paradox ?
How can I delete users ? Is it enough to delete the lines of the user
in /etc/passwd and master.passwd or do I have to do more ?

Cheers
Wolfgang