Subject: Re: Mouse doesn't work after x-startup
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/1997 12:28:25
On Feb 25, 10:30pm, Marc Meier wrote:
> Subject: Mouse doesn't work after x-startup
> After starting X, twm is running and four windows, a tiny clock, a
> login- and two x-term windows, are opened but the mouse fails to work.
> The cursor stays in the middle of the screen while moving the mouse,
> the hardware one, or using the numeric keypad.
>
> Is it difficult to install AStep or any other window manager intead
> of twm?

Its not difficult if you know what you're doing :-)

Interesting problem. Please could you find out which version of Xarm you are
using. Also if you could send me a copy of the error log it would be very
useful. This appears on standard error if you use startx or in xdm-errors if
you use xdm. I suspect you are using Xarm #27 which (IIRC) does not have
support for the keypad mouse. One last thing you might want to try is looking
at the boot messages to check that the mouse is getting initialised correctly.
I take it you are using a standard Acorn quadmouse as opposed to a PS/2 mouse
or a serial mouse.

Cheers

Rob