Subject: Re: SCSI
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/1997 19:23:21
In message <1FE9CDC52F1@swe.gppm.de>
     Wolfgang wrote:

> I have a problem with a SCSI II CDU55s Sony  CDROM Drive.
> The drive is recognized correctly when booting RiscBSD.
> Yesterday I tried to install the sets (now there are installed)
> from this drive and started the "inst" prog. Then I selected the choice
> to use the SCSI CDROM for installing. I tried it and got the message
> "Device busy".
> Does I have to mount the drive separately  bevor starting inst ?

I usually mount the cdrom before calling inst. In inst I just change the
distribution directory. Try

   mount /dev/sd0c /cdrom

(or /dev/sd1c)
Look at the boot messages to see as which device your SCSI cdrom is
recognized.

> Is this drive supported by the scsi driver(s) at all ?

The drive isn't the deciding item, it's the SCSI card that must be
supported by RiscBSD. IIRC the Acorn SCSI card *is* supported, it's even
the only SCSI card that can do DMA under RiscBSD (Anyone correct me if I'm
wrong, please).

I use a Sony CDU76s (with a PowerTec card) myself.

> [...]
>

> Wolfgang

Regards,
   Stefan