Subject: SCSI
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <KLE@SWE.GPPM.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/1997 14:47:44
RPC, internal IDE, Acorn SCSI Version1 (MK1 ?),
IDE CDROM FX800/810 (very good), SCSI II CDROM
CDU 55s SONY, 20+1 MB, SA110,3.2GB Fireball IDE, 512MB
DEC SCSI II
Kernel 4958

Hi there,

I have a problem with a SCSI II CDU55s Sony  CDROM Drive.
The drive is recognized correctly when booting RiscBSD.
Yesterday I tried to install the sets (now there are installed)
from this drive and started the "inst" prog. Then I selected the choice
to use the SCSI CDROM for installing. I tried it and got the message
"Device busy".
Does I have to mount the drive separately  bevor starting inst ?
Is this drive supported by the scsi driver(s) at all ?
On RiscOS 3.7 I cannot use this SCSI II CDROM Drive too,
although it is recognized and if there is a CDROM loaded,
it shows it's capacity.
The drive (1 , 2 and 2.4 speed) is as new and not used at all.
My Acorn SCSI V1 card has a very old ROM Version fitted.

Any Ideas ?

Wolfgang

N.B.
    I would sell the drive :-)