Subject: X Crashing....
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave J Thorn <dave@axa.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/1997 13:20:55
Having played with RiscBSD for a bit now, I've discovered what seems to
be a repeatable bug.

In X with Netscape (3.0) running on a Sun Sparc but with the display
on the RiscBSD screen, I sometimes decide I no longer wish to see the
page which I have tried to load, so I click the STOP button. About 50% of
the time this causes the whole machine to hang with even the mouse
pointer frozen. Most of the time (all but once out of the 15 or so times
it's happened) I can switch to another virtual console (say Alt-F1) to
find I've been left at the dreaded 'db>' prompt. Typing 'continue' causes
a brief think before everything seems to start again and work as usual
(apart from the X screen needs refreshing).

My hardware is as follows : RPC 600 (Mk1), SA (202MHz), 24+2MB RAM, 425 +
850 MB HDs (RBSD above 512MB barrier on 2nd hard disc), EtherH (if this
is the cause, just send me a mail saying EtherH and I'll forget about
it) and AKF60.

Currently due to the ethernet card I'm using Kernel 4740 and the 1.2
release.

If anyone has any idea.....

	Thanks,

		Dave.