Subject: My backspace problem
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Meier <mmeier@goslar.netsurf.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/19/1997 21:23:39
I have installed all required sets of the 1.2-release including
patch1-3 and the manuals.

After creating a new user, called marc, my trouble has started.
Loging in as marc the backspace key stopped to work and stty erase ^H
has no effect. Additional the man command did not work (no manual
found for xxx). After a su man worked but the backspace key fails as
well.

Working in a shell without a backspace is the hell. The only chance
is to login as root and then typing the appropriate stty command. It
had worked in single user mode without problems.

How can I enable the backspace permanently?

Regards

Marc