Subject: Re: Compiling kernels
To: Ben Willmore <bw200@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/18/1997 13:31:32
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Ben Willmore wrote:

> "make depend" complains that it cannot find a file called mkdepend.  I
> can't find it either.  Can anyone explain?

Not sure, should be trying to use mkdep (or is there a mkdepend)

> Also, should I really be using the source tar from last October, or is
> there a more recent distribution?

The latest arm32 source is available as part of the netbsd source, you
need to download it from any netbsd.org mirror, note the tar is about
8-9Mb.  A good mirror to try is ftp.southern.com in
/pub/NetBSD/sources/tar_files.   It's fast for the ac.uk (or it is to
york)

Hope this helps,

Chris Gilbert