Subject: Any chance of some help?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Willmore <bw200@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/16/1997 14:08:51
I've managed to install RiscBSD and X etc. (and I was amazed by how easy
it was - nice one, kernel team etc.), but my ethernet card is causing
problems...

Whenever the card is 'ifconfig'ed UP, it continually reports errors to the
screen.  Some of them are crc errors, but most are "Packet received
successfully (this should happen)".  Of course, I'm delighted that the
packets have been received OK, but I'd prefer it if the computer didn't
tell me endlessly about it :)

The card is an I-cubed EtherH and as far as I can tell it's configured
correctly.  "ehbug" is specified in the !BtRiscBSD config window, and I
have tried adding -debug to the ifconfig line.  Apart from the errors, the
card works fine.  The same thing happens using kernels 4740,4871 and 4956.

Has anyone come across this problem before?  I'd be very grateful for some
advice.

Cheers,
	Ben Willmore (bw200@hermes.cam.ac.uk)