Subject: ...Another prat can't install
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Davison <rdavison@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/11/1997 13:10:50
Hi,

Yet another newbie prat with problems...

I've been trying to install RiscBSD using the versions on
'Risc Disc 3' from Uniqueway.

If I follow the instructions in Mark Brinicombes (very clear!) doc.
it fails during init at...

rd0: allocated 1440KB (2880 blocks)
panic: Failed to load ramdisk

If I ignore the instructions and set the root device to the boot floppy
/dev/fd0a then installation goes fine up to the point where I
specify the swap partition size...
Swap partition size: 50

ffs: /dev/rd0 on /: specified device does not match mounted device.

Both problems occur using the following kernels/installers and all
reasonable (and unreasonable) combinations of the same...

SA110.15 .4702 .4713 .4740 (all CD) and .4958 (downloaded yesterday)
inst_12 (from CD)
inst_12/fs (downloaded yesterday)
!BtRiscBSD 2.87 (CD and downloaded versions)

Hardware:

SA110/RO3.7
2.5Gig Sirocco ide (installing above a 1998MB RPC partition)
ATAPI ide CDROM drive
Cumana SCSI

Any advice/suggestions very much appreciated.
Oh yes, and I'm a novice when it comes to Unix...

Rob.
--
Rob Davison.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7320