Subject: Re: Version of RiscBSD on Datafile CD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Ogilvie <edlsnoe@deep-thought.ericsson.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1997 16:07:50
> > Oak SCSI card with Alsystems PowerROM
>
> This is likely to be the problem item. I don't think we can handle any SCSI
> cards using the PowerROM because it causes our probe code to fail. I can't
> remember whether we support Oak SCSI yet anyway...

I thought the generic Oak card wa supported, but I could be wrong.  If the
problem is just a probe could that not be fairly easily hacked in?  I could
tell you what a *devices command returns if that's any help (machine's at home
and I'm at work so I could let you know tomorrow)?

> > HP 2Gb SCSI drive
> > 270Mb SCSI Syquest drive
> >
> > Will this spec be suitable for putting RiscBSD on the HP 2Gb SCSI drive, or
> > would I be better off chucking the (original) 210Mb IDE drive in the bin and
> > getting a bigger IDE drive?
>
> You won't be able to put RiscBSD on the 2Gb drive with that configuration
> AFAIK. I will try to find out further information for you.

Much appreciated, thank you.

I guess the option of upgrading the 210 IDE drive is looking more likely...

Simon.

 Simon Ogilvie   -  UNIX Systems Supervisor
                    Ericsson Data Ltd., Guildford, UK
 simon@guildford.ericsson.se