Subject: Re: Version of RiscBSD on Datafile CD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1997 15:46:48
On Feb 10,  3:34pm, Simon Ogilvie wrote:
> Subject: Re: Version of RiscBSD on Datafile CD
>
> > I don't know about the datafile CD, but I'm about to blow a CD of the
current
> > contents of the ftp site (current being as of last Thursday).  If you ask
nicely
> > I can probably blow a couple of extra copies at cost price (I'd *guess*
that's
> > 10 quid for CD + P&P).  The CD image also has DJGPP 2.01 (gcc for dos) and
> > the DOS gnuish utils collection.  Get in touch soon though, as I can't keep
> > the 330M image file around for too long.
>
> I've arranged with Olly that I will buy a CD off him, but one thing neither
of
> us was sure about was whether I'd be able to use it on my setup of RiscPC.
 If
> anyone can confirm that I will be OK it would be much appreciated!
>
> My current system is an "old" RiscPC 600 with the following additions:
> StrongARM/RiscOS 3.70
> 32Mb RAM
> 2Mb VRAM
> Cumana 300ia CD-ROM
> Oak SCSI card with Alsystems PowerROM

This is likely to be the problem item. I don't think we can handle any SCSI
cards using the PowerROM because it causes our probe code to fail. I can't
remember whether we support Oak SCSI yet anyway...

> HP 2Gb SCSI drive
> 270Mb SCSI Syquest drive
>
> Will this spec be suitable for putting RiscBSD on the HP 2Gb SCSI drive, or
> would I be better off chucking the (original) 210Mb IDE drive in the bin and
> getting a bigger IDE drive?

You won't be able to put RiscBSD on the 2Gb drive with that configuration
AFAIK. I will try to find out further information for you.

Cheers

Rob