Subject: Re:hard drive buyers guide
To: None <KLE@swe.gppm.de>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1997 10:48:46
On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 KLE@SWE.GPPM.DE wrote:

> root and transferred them with drag and drop to the initialized 3.8 GB.
> First all worked fine then after Megs of copied data the computer hanged !!
> What went wrong ? I tried again and the same result. After hours of

RiscOS has a bug which relates to ADFS partions of greater than 2GB on
IDE disks. The workround acornding to ART is to set ADFSBuffers to 0.
I saw this in comp.sys.acorn.announce just before buying the 3.2GB drive
which was around October/November last year. A news archive should still
have this article.

I don't know if SCSI drives have similar problems.

Mike