Subject: X setup and X app questions
From: Miles Sabin <miles@mistral.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/09/1997 13:18:50
Hi all,

A couple of quick X questions,

1. Is there any way I can completely get rid of the stippled
   background that comes up after the server startup screen? It makes
   for nasty interference patterns on my monitior. I've got an,

     xsetroot -solid <colour>

   in my .xinitrc, but that refuses to take effect straightaway, so I
   have to put up with several seconds of painful visual buzzing every
   time I boot up.

   Would an .Xresources file do the trick? If so, what ought to go in
   it ... I've hunted through the man pages, but haven't found any
   details yet.

2. editres coredumps every time I start it. Is this a known problem,
   or should I keep fiddling until I get it to work?

BTW, despite fiddling with the paths in /etc/man.conf and MANPATH,
neither man or xman seem to be able to find all the man pages that
ought to be there ... is that a known problem, or have I just
installed something wrong?

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                               mailto:miles@mistral.co.uk
Cathexis                                  voice  01273 732338