Subject: RE: /netbsd problems
From: Daniel Blueman (5) (CURRICULUM) <5DBLUEMAN@qeliz.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/06/1997 09:21:00
Hi,

On 05 February 1997 21:35 'Postmaster' wrote:
>I have installed RiscBSD successfully as I can get it to boot and run
> X-Windows, etc. The one little niggle I get is that I keep getting
>messages about /netbsd not being available. I also get theses
>messages at boot up and I am wondering what they mean and what I can
>do about it. I have looked for /netbsd and have not got it anywhere
>on my UNIX drives and so I am wondering have I forgotton to do
>something during installation.

Yes, RiscBSD is looking for the kernel in to root of the root device.
If you copy the kernel you use (eg. with unixfs in riscos) to a
world-writable
area of the partition eg. in /tmp then in riscbsd move that to the root
as
/netbsd, then this will solve the problem.
The reason is that RiscBSD is looking for the symbol table (I think) in
the
kernel.

Thanks,
Daniel Blueman