Subject: Re: 1.2 Release available on CDROM?
To: Marc Meier <mmeier@goslar.netsurf.de>
From: Simon Middleton <smiddleton@acorn.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/1997 13:26:53
On Sat 01 Feb, Marc Meier wrote:
[...]
> Therefore I am searching for the RiscBSD 1.2 release sets on CDROM.
>
> AFAIK the Risc Disc 3 contains RiscBSD 1.2. Are the sets from the
> beta or the release version? Is there any diffenrence?

The RiscDisc3 contains the contents of the 1.2-release directory as of the
time the disc was pressed, ie mid-November,ish. None of the files have been
changed in anyway (except for the kernels being renamed slightly). You use
the standard installer.

The only non-standard thing you would need to do is to set the distribution
path as the sets don't appear in /usr/distrib, they all have the correct
names though. You can do this from the installer program. You should be
able to run the install direct fom the CD then.

There is no source on the disc other than for the GNU software.

Contact sales@uniqueway.co.uk for more details.

Simon.

Note: I also work for Uniqueway...
--
Simon Middleton, Senior Software Engineer
Acorn Network Computing                       Tel: +44 (0) 1223 725576