Subject: Re: ATAPI support (was: Re: Some questions)
To: Marc Meier <mmeier@goslar.netsurf.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/04/1997 02:18:03
On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Marc Meier wrote:

> Yes, the kernel sa110-4958 doesn't report any ATAPI device during
> boot, but IIRC sa110-4922 does. Will future kernels support ATAPI or
> is it canceled?
ATAPI support will be back in the furture. The reason for the loss is the
recent changes to the wd driver to use the bus space interface and to
support multiple attachments i.e. ICS and YES IDE podules.
Basically the ATAPI patches for the isa wd driver need to be applied to
the new wd driver.. There are about 400KB of diffs and due to all the
changes just about all the patches will have to be applied by hand line at
a time.
So far I have not had time to do this ...

CHeers,
				Mark