Subject: Re: 1.2 Release available on CDROM?
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/1997 11:46:53
On Feb 1,  2:04pm, Marc Meier wrote:
> Subject: 1.2 Release available on CDROM?
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed RiscBSD 1.2 up to point 21 of the installation
> notes.
>
> Everything works fine and I am ready to install the sets, but
> unwilling to do this from floppy as one year ago with the first beta.
> Therefore I am searching for the RiscBSD 1.2 release sets on CDROM.
>
> AFAIK the Risc Disc 3 contains RiscBSD 1.2. Are the sets from the
> beta or the release version? Is there any diffenrence?

Who is Risc Disc 3 produced by? Your best bet is to ask them for up-to-date
info. Also check that they are using the standard install mechanism because at
least one Freeware vendor has changed the installer format so that it is not
compatible with the ftp site sets (I don't know whether they're still shipping
this). Also note that Marcus is (was?) selling RiscBSD CDs in Germany.

Cheers

Rob Black