Subject: Re: Adding more swap space
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Mark P Hoyle <markho@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/30/1996 10:33:25
On Sun, 29 Dec 1996, Markus Baeurle wrote:

> In message <Pine.OSF.3.91.961216144327.13743A-100000@platon>
>           Mark P Hoyle <markho@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Due to a current lack of swap space - I am wanting to add some more.
> > I have repartitioned by drive wd1 to include a swap partition at
> > partition b.
> >
> > When I try to start using the space, I get the error:
> > swapon: /dev/wd1b: device not configured
> >
> > [this is using both swapon -a (having adjusted /etc/fstab accordingly)
> > and swapon /dev/wd1b]
> >
> > Any help from anyone?
>
> Can you access the other partition you created on this drive?
> We'd first have to narrow down if it's a problem with the disk in general or
> only with swapping to it...

I can access the other partition on the drive and use it all the time
(its my /home/local partition) - and so far I have had no luck with using
the b partition as extra swap space (I really do wish that netscape would
not bloat X servers).

Cheers,

mark

 Mark P Hoyle              |
 Mathematics Department    |   "If you want to imagine the future,
 Royal Holloway College    |        imagine a boot stamping
 m.p.hoyle@rhbnc.ac.uk     |        on a human face forever"
 Tel: 01784 443696         |               - George Orwell's 1984