Subject: RE: some problems, success, questions...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/29/1996 23:55:44
Hello Stefan!

In message <124e863e47@yoda.in-berlin.de>
          Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> headswitch: 0		# milliseconds
> track-to-track seek: 0	# milliseconds
> drivedata: 0
>
> 5 partitions:
> #        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
>   a:     2048        0    4.2BSD     1024  8192     0 	# (Cyl.    0 -
0)
>   b:     2048     2048      swap                    	# (Cyl.    1 - 1)
>   c:   444416        0    4.2BSD     1024  8192    16 	# (Cyl.    0 -
216)
>   e:   440320     4096    4.2BSD     1024  8192     0 	# (Cyl.    2 -
216)

> Hmm, I wonder why is says "5 partitions". I only count 4.

And I wonder where the "d partition" is. Maybe it is counted but not displayed.
You can look it up in the source code, it's on the CD you bought from me.
There are several if and switch statements when the partitions are printed.
I might be wrong (only had a quick look at the code), but it looks as if
partitions are only listed if their size is not zero (pp->p_size is checked
which seems to be the size in cylinders) yet lp->d_partitions is printed as the
number of partitions which is also the limit for the for-loop but this includes
partitions with pp->p_size==0.
It would be less confusing though if such a partition was printed anyway IMHO.

Anyway, doesn't really matter, does it? ;-)
But I more and more like to have source for the stuff I'm using so I can see
what odd behaviour like this boils down to.

Markus