Subject: Re: Serial port
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Alexander Hayward <alexander.hayward@lady-margaret-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/28/1996 11:57:15
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> Initially I had put this does to a fault  with my serial hardware but if
> other people are experiencing it may be the problem lies else where.
>
> One question .... Is this specific to SA110 kernels or not ?

I am not using an SA kernel, so I assume it isn't...

I'm running it at 57k6, but I've just changed it to 38k4.

I'm also having difficulty getting sources from ftp.netbsd.org that
actually compile toa kernel that works. I'm trying to compile in the
assembler checksum routine that I sent to you in the summer (IIRC you
found a bug, but it seems to work fine for me and dial up SLIP...).
It eliminated all the ibuf overflow errors that were appearing
at 57k6 (14k4 modem, though).