Subject: Re: Shells
To: Martin Dann <PHAP017@vms.rhbnc.ac.uk>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/22/1996 17:07:51
On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Martin Dann wrote:

> I have just installed RiscBSD 1.2 on my computer, never having used any UNIX
> port before. I would like to know what the difference between the shells is,
> e.g. bash, sh, csh etc.
>
> Thanx in advance

This is probably a good point to say that I've just got together an
automaticly updated web site of usefull unix FAQ's and documents - these's
a good bit there at the moment, If anyone has any sugestions for additions
I'd be very grateful if they mailed me

the URL is http://quatermass.ivision.co.uk/~jasper/stuff.shtml

it includes the:

UNIX_shell_differences_and_how_to_change_your_shell_(Monthly_Posting)

FAQ - which seems to be what you want ;-)

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?