Subject: Serial port
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexander Hayward <alexander.hayward@lady-margaret-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/18/1996 23:47:36
I've been having a few problems with the serial port and recent kernels.

Sometimes RiscBSD just hangs when dip starts, but not always. I think it
may be related to whether I turn the modem on before I boot RiscBSD or
not... I'm not sure. Atl-Delete then ctrl-D succeeds in partly rebooting
the machine - its sorta clicks and the floppy drive whirrs a bit but it
seems to get stuck there. It needs a proper reset before it will restart.
I can't remember if this happens all the time either...

The most recent kerne(4871?) seems to give the error 'Com port
initialization failed' or something along those lines, before similarly
hanging.

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com
alexander.hayward@lmh.ox.ac.uk