Subject: Re: Forgive me...
To: Ian Giblin <giblin@dm.unipi.it>
From: Ben Strawson <B.Strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/15/1996 01:17:08
On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Ian Giblin wrote:

> ...but I want to overwrite my RiscBSD installation with RISC OS files. I've
> had a look in the manuals but can't see how to recover the RiscBSD
> partition without reformatting the entire disc using !Hform. The disc in
> question is a 1.7 GB IDE drive with 1.0 GB and 0.7 GB partitions, the
> latter for RiscBSD. I don't want to have to DAT off the RISC OS side and/or
> wait for the whole thing to reformat. How do I do this please?

You seem to be on the right track I am afraid...

You will need to reformat the RiscBSD partition in order to put a RiscOS
filecore on there.  You will then end up with two discs under RiscOS -
your 1.0Gb original RiscOS partition, and your ex-RiscBSD partition, now
another RiscOS parition of 0.7Gb.

If you want one massive 1.7Gb RiscOS partition (ie. the whole disc) then
you will need to take everything off the drive and repartition and
reformat.

> I am sorry to ask you guys about this! RiscBSD is cool and everything, but
> I've decided I can't afford the maintenance time or disc space for
> something which is really just a hobby.

Shame, but each to his/her own.

Ben.

Ben Strawson                                            b.strawson@cs.ucl.ac.uk