Subject: Re: RiscBSD news group
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/15/1996 02:38:14
>The only reason comp.sys.acorn.riscbsd wouldn't be the best choice would be
>if riscbsd grows to encompass non acorn kit (not speaking from some hidden
>knowledge here) e.g. RiscBSD Apple Newton or something like that.

well I'm not planning on coding that in the near future ;-)

A big point is that we already support non Acorn hardware (RC7500) and intend
to support more in the future (EBSA110 rsn)

Personally I prefer mailing lists. Using procmail, exim or what ever your
favourite is it is simple enough to aim things at different accounts /
mailboxes.
When on SLIP connections I am happy if I can read everything I need to via pine
;-)

Another problem to consider with a new group, in addition to those who do not
have access is that frequently new servers only cache a small number of
messages or expire messages after a short period (I know I lose various c.s.a.*
messages like this) thus unless you read the group every day you could find
yourself missing postings, replies etc.

Perhaps what should be considered are say weekly digests of all the mailing
list traffic so you could receive all the mail but in one go rather than piece
meal.

Cheers,
				Mark

--