Subject: Re: Vairous stuff, compile woes and current- probs.
To: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/13/1996 11:26:48
>Now, looking at the TODO in arm32, item 1 is being done indirectly by Ian
>McEwan  - ijm@doc.ic.ac.uk the in_cksum code is writtern but has a bug in it
>that he wants to fix before it's distributed the speed difference is:

Yep I know. He has an account on pharm he can use for development as well as
any he may have at ivision.

>Intrestingly enough spraying my machine from another drops 95.6% of
>the packets - tho I suspect the etherH rather than anything else ;-)

ah see me next post.

>Printing is mentioned - whats wrong with it since this RiscBSD machine is
>printer-serving for our lan and it works ok?

well some people (Markus, David Croft and several others) report panics when
printing. I am looking into this but so far have not been able to reproduce the
problem.

>Compiling -current again - in ioconf.c the cfdata structs all have an extra
>element at the end (compared with <sys/device.h> - do I need a newer version
>of configure?

I'll check I have not updated for source tree for a couple of days so my tree
may be slightly out with current atm.

Cheers,
				Mark

--