Subject: Re[2]: dip
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@chadwyck.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/11/1996 09:55:40
Any chance of an idiots guide to using the serial port to link two Acorns
together? (eg RiscPC running RiscBSD and A5000 running !Freenet).

I have currently gotten a single program to transfer files between the machines
under RiscOS so I assume I have the cable right.

However I have not been able to get the A5000 to work as a plain serial terminal
to my RiscBSD box (after editting /etc/ttys file) nor have I been able to to set
up the RiscBSD serial port as a network device. (after much man slattach and man
ifconfig).

(I have one of the latest StrongARM kernels. in case that makes a difference).

PS: I got my CD Rom working yesterday thanks to a mesage from Mark. Thanks!

Alex