Subject: Re: INN and Man pages
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Duncan Ferguson <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1996 09:49:17
> On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Duncan Ferguson wrote:
>
> > Thanks to people telling me about INN - it now seems to be up and
> > running OK, so i have just ogt to get people to test it for me.
>
> Mmm - don't suppose you can give me some hints on this.  I grabbed the
> distribution from sunsite but haven't got it to compile yet (using the
> BUILD script provided).  Perhaps I should read the documentation a bit
> more, but I wasn't really expecting this much trouble!

With pleasure.  I printed out the docs 'Installing Internet News' and
followed the instructions in that, after changing the config.data
file to their suggestions for  a BSDI system (section 4.3) - it all
worked except for one thing which was them saying EXITVAL and
_EXITVAL were volatile voids when they seem to compile ok with voids.

There are only two sections you really need and thats the 4.3  config
changes for a BSDI system and 6 compiling the system.

I only used the BUILD script as a last move to create the proper
active and history files.

Any problems gimmi a shout and ill try to tell you what i did -
although i am only a total novice at these things.

> The permissions on the manpage directory is wrong for cat1 in
> /usr/share/man - it should be the same as all the other cat* directories,
> but for some reason I found that it had been set to stop mere mortals

Thanks, ill go try it.

Cheers,

  Duncs.