Subject: Re: RapIDE driver
To: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/06/1996 16:38:25
>I wonder if a few customers asking about it might speed things up, I'm
>sure that there's at least 2 of us, if not more, with RapIDE cards, and
>they said at the show they wanted to give you the info, it was reason for
>buying it was they were going to give you all the info on it you needed.

They are aware of the demand, A lot of people asked at AW96. The lack of
information is more due to the card's designer than Yellowstone themselves.

>Is it possible for someone else to spot these?
Quite possible

>Will it be as fast (or faster) than the normal IDE interface? or is that
>just a matter of waiting and seeing?
Initially I would expect 1MB/sec xfer rates. This is just using 16 bit xfers
from the card. The trick is then to work out how DMA and 32 bit xfers work
(This may be more difficult without info).
The basic 1MB/sec driver is just using the standard IDE drive registers so I
just need to know where they are mapped.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk