Subject: Re: RapIDE driver
To: Chris Gilbert , Paul Clifford <paul@plasma.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/05/1996 21:31:51
>I don't think there's one at present, it's coming though, the kernel team
>are waiting for technical stuff off Yellowstone.

Given up waiting for technical stuff. I'm just waiting for a loan interface
that was meant to be with me last week ;-)

Given a card I recon I could have a driver up and running in 24hours.
(Thats roughly how long the ICS IDE driver took - currently undergoing testing)

>I'm not certain of the exact info needed for this sort of thing. I think
>that the code for the std IDE interface maybe a starting place (I could
>be, and probably am, wrong)

A generic wd driver can be used.
All I need is to know where the IDE driver registers are and the aux status
register (easy to spot with a memory editor) and the interrupt enable register.

I'll be committing the ICS driver shortly so you can see just how easy adding
another IDE interface is given the actual hardware.

Just thinking ... Anyone going to the Scotish show at the weekend got a RapIDE
card ? Myself and Neil will be there and if someone brough the card along
perhaps I can write the driver before the end of the show ;-)))

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk