Subject: Re: Math library development stopped
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/02/1996 15:51:28
>  The NetBSD-current one doesn't.
>
>   Just tried it and got loads multiply defined ... erorrs when linking
>cc1plus.

Ah cc1plus is a special case. In terms of testing gcc patches, cc1 is good
enough, it is only part of the c++ compiler that needs a slight bit of help
to link.

The problem with cc1plus is the GNU linker as we don't use the netbsd linker as
standard yet. The solution is to use bsd-ld rather than ld for the link stage
and cc1plus builds fine.

>Just in case this is something that requires attention, here's some of the
>errors. Doesn't look like anything serious, but presumably it *should*
>compile out of the box?

Ideally it would completely compile out of the box and it will as soon as I get
the NetBSD linker fully working. At the moment RiscBSD relies on a GNU linker
that is built from a now old bin-utils. Once day soon when I have time I will
get an up-to-date binutils ported and the NetBSD linker fully ported.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk