Subject: RE: Problem with !HForm
To: Hunter, James M YORK,IT <James.Hunter@nestlegb.nestle.com>
From: Wolflord <nnzrik@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/04/1996 13:52:14
On 1 Nov 1996, Hunter, James M     YORK,IT wrote:

> >On the defects list, I chose not to add any defects.
> >Format or initialise? F
> >Soak test (long, short, none)? N
> >Bootable? Y
>
> You shouldn't need to format an IDE drive, just initialise will do (and is
> much
> quicker). I don't think that will solve your problem though
I thought the drive would have to be reformatted, as I wanted it to be
ADFS not RiscBSD which it was previously formatted to. I've received a
later version of !HForm off David Croft (thank David), but this fails with
the same error. I've tried formatting it using the Utility which came with
RapIDE32 which recognises the correct drive shape but still doesn't format
or initialise it. :(

What I might be looking for is a company which reformats drives, maybe
they can help..

Anyone any other ideas?
	Rich
       http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~nnzrik