Subject: SCSI I cards and PowerROMs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: N P Haines <N.P.Haines@cs.cf.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/18/1996 15:05:19
Hi,

I have an Old Cumana SCSI I card with a CD ROM on it. I believe from what I have
read and from trying on my own that RiscBSD doesn't currently support this card?
THe onyl reason I ask now is that I would like to upgrade to 1.2 but I would
really like it on CD not on floppy disks again... so I was wondering if there is
the possibility of this card being supported in the future... or as an
alternative I see that PowerTec have released PowerROM (or soemthing similar)
which replaces the ROM on any current SCSI I to give it the funcionality of a
PowerTec card.... I don't know what extent it upgrades teh card cos it doesn't
explain in a great deal of detail... but does anyone know if getting this would
let BSD recognise my SCSI card, cos it is a lot cheaper that a new one ;)

CHeers

Nick