Subject: Re: Before Acorn Worldm what?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Smith <mark@findon.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1996 22:25:05
In message <471DE76DCE%chrism@spuddy.mew.co.uk>
          Chris Manning <chrism@spuddy.mew.co.uk> wrote:

> The usual warranty these days seems to be three years for large IDE drives,
> five years for SCSI.  The lack of any mention of a warranty in the
> advertisements that I've seen for the Jaz suggests that it's only a year.

I think my 105MB Syquest had two years warranty on the drive and I know it
was five on the cartridges because the cases have still got the labels on to
prove it :-)

I bought it about three years ago, so Syquest's warranty policy may since
have changed. I certainly couldn't comment about Iomega's.

> Do they actually exist?  Even Watford Electronics seem to have removed them
> from their price lists.   ;-)

Removed them? They're brand new. I wouldn't take a lot of notice of what WE
say anyway, but's that's another story.....

> > Changing discs whilst running RiscBSD may be more of a problem.
>
> I hope it's not going to need more than 1GB.   ;-)

Well I guess the answer to that one is "Not if you don't want to use more
than that in software and data" :-)

It would be a bit of a problem for the CD if distribution grew to that size.

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK         ...http://www.findon.demon.co.uk/...