Subject: XArm-26 (Re: Status of Cumana SCSI drivers?)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pwain@nc.com <PWAIN@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1996 09:34:00
Rob,

Since you complained that you are not getting any bug reports... here goes..

Ive been running Xarm-26 at 16bpp since yesterday now (with 4634) and it hasnt
crashed yet so thats a good sign...

Okay now the problem: As I believe I mentioned before Im trying to link a
really
big and nasty X-application (it uses motif so...) which causes the linker to do
some really wierd and funky things. Anyway having removed some of the
functionality
to get it to behave a little better I see something that happened when I tried
link mwm... if the link line uses -l<libname> for any of the X11 libraries
(eg: -lXext) basically real-ld complains that the library is corrupt. However
if
I use the full library name (eg: /usr/X11R6.1/lib/libXext.a) all is okay
(although
sometimes this also doesnt work and ld claims it cant find half the function
names
- I did check that they are in the library usings 'strings' and as far as I can
tell they are...)

Any ideas...

Paul

--
USA Liaison			Email: work: pwain@nc.com
Acorn Network Computing		       home: wain@sirius.com

Like Acorn would really have the same views as me! Get Real! :)