Subject: Status of Cumana SCSI drivers?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Coppeard <jc217@thor.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1996 12:28:09
Hello

I have recently started using RiscBSD from a SCSI drive, using my Cumana
SCSI 2 card, and have found disk access to be very slow (approx half the
speed of the IDE drive I was using before). I was wondering if this is my
fault or that of the scsi drivers, which I have seen refered as slow
before.  If so, are there any plans to upgrade them in the future?

Also, running X is very unstable - it often crashes if I have more than
one xterm open, or just play around.  I'm using the 1.1-beta release from
the ftp site, without the upgrades I have seen on there.  I shall try this
next.

The 'eh' driver also keeps giving me errors, like 'packed recived intact
(this should happed)', which is getting a bit annoying.

Apart from that, the whole thing runs fine, and is very useful :-)

If anyone's got any infomation on this, then I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Jon Coppeard