Subject: Re: SA & Morley compatibility (was Re: StrongARM comptibility)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/1996 11:12:45
> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 08:01:07 +0100
> From: Chris Hill <Chris_Hill@MENTORG.COM>
>
> Mark Brinicombe wrote:
>>
>> Cumana SCSI2    - FAS216
>> PowerTec SCSI2  - FAS216
>> Connect32       - AM53C94
>> Acorn SCSI1     - WD3393
>> Oak SCSI1       - NCR5380
>>
>> The arm32 source tree has generic SCSI drivers for the FAS216, AM53C94, WD3393
>> and NCR5380. There are then front ends for each different card that manages the
>> mapping and any special control.
>>
>> Note: the AM53C94 is pretty much functionally the same as the FAS216 however
>> there are a few extra features which as being experimented with so the chip
>> currently has a separate generic driver that may merge with the FAS216 driver
>> in the future.
>>
>> What this means is that for a card that uses one of these supported chip sets
>> getting at least a polling driver up and running is fairly trivialm given the
>> hardware and the podule memory map.
>
> Does anyone know what the Cumana 16bit SCSI1 card uses?  I don't suppose
> there is anything happening on that front :-(

Cumana SCSI-1:          DP8490N (National Semiconductor)

I found some information about this on the following URL:
http://www.national.com/pf/DP/DP5380.html

Application note AN-562 (PDF format) tells me that this is an
enhancement of the DP5380/Am5380/NCR5380, and that it also
is a direct replacement of this.

Kjetil B.