Subject: Re: Installing RiscBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/07/1996 00:32:10
Hi James!

In message <19961002.223045.48@jporritt.demon.co.uk>
          James Porritt <poz@jporritt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have all the sets downloaded onto your hard drive,
> and then transfer them into RiscBSD for installing? It would certainly be
> more convienient for me than having dozens of floppies to install.

Yes this is possible with the help of UnixFS, a module which lets you read and
write (but only to world-readable directories) to the RiscBSD partitions from
RiscOS.
If you're using the old filecore these partitions must be below the 512 MB
limit though, because UnixFS uses RiscOS to access them.
For the same reason, this harddisk must still contain a RiscOS partition and
bootblock, otherwise it won't be visible to RiscOS.

Markus