Subject: Re: [2]:availability (esp for Markus)
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Gewert Liszkowski <gewert.liszkowski@student.uni-ulm.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/05/1996 16:53:10
According to Markus Baeurle:

> Using Stuttgart is rather nerving because they pack every file (most probably
> because they're using mirror) apart from the obvious ones, so you get
> base.00.gz and base.01.gz and so on which means additional work unpacking them
> again (but not unpacking something which shouldn't), so I still get my stuff

Hello Markus,

The FTP-Server in Stuttgart can do packing/unpacking on the fly, just leave
the ".gz" away from the filenames you want to get e.g. base.00 or base.01
and you will get them unziped (that is:  only one time ziped as they are
splitted zipped tar-files :-)

Gewert

(had this problem/question some time ago and ask them in stuttgart about
unpacking the files and they told me this 'trick')