Subject: Re: availability
To: Kevin Melling <kmelling@oberkorn.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1996 18:56:18
>Where have people obtained RISC-BSD from?
>
>I am unable to obtain it off the internet (because I'm not on an
>academic account, I believe) is it available on a CD-ROM?

Oh the standard home for RiscBSD is the public ftp site ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Failing that there are several mirrors including src.doc.ic.ac.uk. (There are
no restrictions imposed by the ftp site as to how one can access it other than
academic users have a higher priority during the day.)

Versions of RiscBSD are available on CDROM. The current CDROM release is 1.1
but 1.2 is expected to be available at AW96.

>I understand that the datafile CD-ROM 4 will have it soon,

The only other recognised version on CDROM is a ftp snapshot that is available
in germany. I have no knowledge of the datafile CD-ROM 4. Although there is no
requirement on anybody to inform me about a CDROM version of RiscBSD they wish
to distribute I can only recomend obtaining a RiscBSD CDROM from a recognised
source. The reason for this is that sets on the ftp site change frequently and
a pressed CDROM could become out of date very quickly.

>but I really need Linux on my RiscPC 700 Now!!

Erm RiscBSD is not Linux but is NetBSD/arm32 + additions.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk