Subject: Re: several host-adaptors
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/16/1996 22:01:12
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:45:48 +1000 (EST)
> From: Marcus Deubel <marcus@reef.cs.jcu.edu.au>
>
> Does RiscBSD support several harddisk host-adaptors ( i.e several and
> different SCSI-Controllers at the same time connected to the computer) ?

1.2-beta with kernel bsd-4634-64MB.gz seems to handle both my
Acorn issue 1 (AKA-30) and my Power-tec SCSI-2.

I am booting of the HP C3325A 2 GB SCSI-2 disk attached to the
Power-tec, and it also finds the Quantum LP52S 50 MB SCSI-2
disk attached to the Acorn card.

Both disks are set to ID 0. The Power-tec is in slot 0 and the
Acorn card is in slot 1. This gives me the HP as sd0 and the
Quantum as sd1.

I have not yet tried to newfs the Quantum, but I doubt that
that will be a problem.

I will experiment a bit more with this in the future and then
we'll see what happens.

I hope this helps you out.

Kjetil B.